Getting married this winter? Here are 5 classic yet contemporary styles to sport
These days, an increasing number of brides are choosing to experiment a little with traditional wear. We round some of the trendiest and most elegant options to include in your bridal trousseau.
The wedding season is here. Getting hitched involves a lot of planning and shopping. For women about to be say I Doa , the wedding trousseau is extremely important. Choosing the perfect bridal trousseau is quite stressful. To avoid confusion, one needs to be extremely clear-headed about what one wants to buy as it might lead to a situation where there is too much of the same thing.
While sarees will remain one of the essential attire for any bridal trousseau, the contemporary bride is open to adding ready to wear ensembles in her wardrobe. To make the most significant celebration seamless, Meena Bindra, Chairperson of BIBA and Siddharth Bindra, Managing Director of Rangriti, share style tips for the brides to be.
* Evergreen anarkalis: From ace fashion designers to Bollywood beauties, everyone swears by anarkalis for any ethnic occasions. Heavy or light weight anarkalis available in different lengths, designs varied colour palette making them an ideal option for any outing.
* A modern twist with pashtuni pants: Mixing and matching attires can create extremely stylish looks for any occasion and one doesna t need to even bother about the repetitions. One can opt for trendy pashtuni pants inspired from the nomadic tribes of Kashmir lending a traditional yet contemporary look.
* Reviving a royal style with Nizami shararas: Experimenting with bottom wear has become the most popular fashion trend in todaya s time.Reminiscing the styles of the royal Nizams of Hyderabad, flowy bottom wears like nizami shararas are making a comeback. Shararas available in different prints, designs on rich silhouettes like brocades, chanderis and benarasis are adding dimension to the regular outfits. Team it up with statement rings and bracelets to accentuate the look.
* Contemporising traditional lehengas: Lehengas are a must-have for any bridal trousseau.They not only uphold the traditions of Indian culture but also lend a royal and classy look to the bride. Lehenga can be teamed with a plain blouse, kurti or crop top for after wedding socialising events. Accessorise the outfits with trendy mangtikas, haathphools, statement bracelets or traditional jhumkis to recapture the splendour of the glorious past.
* Layering the regular salwar kameez dupatta: Adding layers to the regular outfits can create an enigmatic expression of onea s personal style. A regular salwar kameez can be made glamorous while pairing them with trendy or heavily embellished jackets. One can also pair a lighter dupatta with a heavy embroidered kameez and vice versa helping them to transform into style divas for any occasion. One can choose from the wide colour palette varying from bright colours to pastel shades depending on the occasions.